This recipe was submitted by Mr. Jimmy Mays, Owner & Chef at Cafe 7.
- 1 bundle carrot tops / carrot greens
- 1 handful favorite herbs (cilantro, wild onion, sage, basil, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green tomato
- 1 T. your favorite vinegar or lime juice (red wine, distilled white, white balsamic)
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- pack all ingredients in a blender.
- pour enough oil in to cover half of the ingredients.
- blend until smooth.
- too thick, add a little more oil a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- stir in parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt & pepper.