Ingredients for Step 1
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 sm/md rough chopped onions
- 3 chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp salt
Ingredients for Step 2
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (or 4 fresh cloves)
Ingredients for Step 3
- 6 large, seeded tomatoes
- 2 cups broth
- 2 tbsp dried basil
Ingredients for Step 4
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients from “Step 1” into your instant pot. Using the saute function, saute for 8 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Add ingredients from “Step 2” & saute for another minute, stirring constantly. Turn off instant pot.
- Add ingredients from “Step 3” & turn your instant pot on to the “Soup Function” with high pressure for 10 minutes. Force release when finished.
- Open instant pot and add all ingredients from “Step 4”. Using an immersion blender or physical blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth. To finish, turn your instant pot back to saute & saute until the soup as reached desired consistency. You’ll want to stir constantly to avoid spitting.
- To finish, Salt & pepper, top with fresh parsley and maybe some fresh avocado. Enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of CSA member, Tasha Tindall. Similar recipes can be found on her website, HealthFullTime.com.