This recipe was submitted by Mr. Jimmy Mays, Owner & Chef at Cafe 7.
- 1 zucchini
- 2 patty pan squash
- 2 shallots
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes (these do not get sautéed)
- fresh thyme
- dice all ingredients and keep separate.
- saute each ingredient, except for the tomatoes, in your favorite saute pan one at a time, this helps to keep the pan from being too crowded and allows the vegetables to start browning quicker without getting mushy.
- have a bowl ready on the counter next to the stove. after each vegetable is browned a little bit, toss it in the bowl.
- after all vegetables are cooked give the bowl a good pinch of salt and pepper. now would be a good time to toss in a little chopped fresh thyme.
- pour vegetable mixture back into your oven safe saute pan or a baking dish.
- arrange tomatoes over the top and finish with a little more chopped thyme.
- let that roast in the oven at 400F for about 15-20 minutes until you get a nice browning on the top.
- when it comes out of the oven, let rest a few minutes and finish with some really good olive oil, not the everyday oil, the really really good stuff.